Many people would say that Punk is 35-40 years old–yet the sound is still alive, relevant and influential (as is a great deal of rock for that matter) on persons of all ages. Yet if you went back 35-40 years before punk you are talking about big band music and crooners that are not followed by most young persons today. So we have an amazingly rich musical form where people from 12+ to 70+ can find common ground. Here you will find frank assessments of primarily today’s indie music as heard through the ears of one (and maybe more) experienced observers. I hope you find it relevant. -oldpunkone.
- YOU GOTTA ACCENTUATE THE POSITIVE IN THIS TOWER OF SONG-SO DON’T LET IT GET YOU DOWN
- EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON, OR NOT AT ALL
- EXHUMING MEMORABLE PERFORMANCES TO BURY OUR 2015
- IN A BATTLE OF TITANS, ART BEATS COMMERCE IN A SHOOTOUT @ SXSW 2015
- OLD, NEW, CLOSE AND FAR AWAY—MEMORABLE PERFORMANCES OF 2014